Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » RMAN Backup strategy (oracle 10g,10.2.0.1.0,Linux 2.4.24)
RMAN Backup strategy [message #310605] Tue, 01 April 2008 14:52 Go to next message
Nick_01
Hi,

What will be the best backup strategy that I can have for backing up the partition table in the Datawarehouse databases.Daily the data is being written to database by creating a tablespace for that day.

Shall I do a RMAN backupset for the older tablespaces and then drop them.

In case of restoration Will RMAN be able recognise the backup set as long as the backupset is there. The client has the backup retention policy of 30 days.. that is they have the RMAN backupsets for 30 days.

We planned to take the RMAN backupset of the older tablespaces into DVD and drop those tablespaces.. when it needs restoration we can restore from the DVD and perform restore..whether this is work..

If anyone can suggest a better way to do It will be of great help..
Re: RMAN Backup strategy [message #310829 is a reply to message #310605] Wed, 02 April 2008 09:23 Go to previous message
Nick_01
Hi,

Can any one suggest the best backup method to follow in taking up the old datafiles of the sub partition in a partitioned table and then dropping them. Can I go for RMAN backup of datafiles or traditional hot back up will be more secure..I want to save disk space as well.

Previous Topic: RMAN BACKUP CONFIGURATION
Next Topic: RESTORE DATABASE FAILED
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 18:45:19 CDT 2024