Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Starting Database from archive log files (Oracle 10g release 1, HPUX)
Starting Database from archive log files [message #310290] Mon, 31 March 2008 19:09 Go to next message
MELAKU
Dear experts,

What is the syntax or step to startup a corrupted database from archive log files?

Melaku K.
Re: Starting Database from archive log files [message #310297 is a reply to message #310290] Mon, 31 March 2008 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>What is the syntax or step to startup a corrupted database from archive log files?
Archived redo log files are NOT used by the database (after they are written).

Re: Starting Database from archive log files [message #310302 is a reply to message #310297] Mon, 31 March 2008 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MELAKU
Hi

I have set my databse mode to ARCHIVELOG, and set also log_archive_dest_1 to loacation drive. The system has properly created the log archive files. Now I want to recover my database from these archived log files. That is what I asked earlier, particularly the steps or script used to do so

Melaku K.

Re: Starting Database from archive log files [message #310306 is a reply to message #310290] Mon, 31 March 2008 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Sorry, I misunderstood the original question.
You need to restore the database to a stable state prior to when the corruption happened & then apply archived redo logfiles up until just prior to point it time when the corruption occurred.

Since I have no idea how you backed up your DB, I can't provide steps to recover it.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10734/toc.htm
Re: Starting Database from archive log files [message #310413 is a reply to message #310290] Tue, 01 April 2008 03:10 Go to previous message
MELAKU
Hi
You know what I did is that I copied the archive log files of my production database to another identical databse which is located at our disaster recovery site. The destination of these copied files is what it is defined on the init file of the remote data base i.e. log_archive_dest_1 = LOCATION: /u6/arch

Now I want to recove my databse which is found at my disaster recovery site from these copied archive log files. I need someone who can tell me the syntax or steps to be followed in order to recover this remote database from these copied archive log files
Melaku K.
Previous Topic: RMAN Backups Schedule
Next Topic: restoring database in other server after disaster
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 13:17:43 CDT 2024