Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Oracle 10g Metrics with Thresholds (Oracle 10.2.0.3.0; SunOS sun11 5.9)
Oracle 10g Metrics with Thresholds [message #309178] Wed, 26 March 2008 13:37 Go to next message
lotusdeva
Hello --

I was wondering if someone can point me to the documentation (or just advise) on how to set up metrics within OEM? We are using Grid Control to manage several databases and would like to take advantage of managing performance, etc via metrics and alerts. My understanding is that there are two types of alerts which are issued when certain metric is reached - server-side and user defined. How many server-side default alerts are issued (i.e. one's you cannot change). What is the minimum user defined alerts that should be set up? Thank you!
Re: Oracle 10g Metrics with Thresholds [message #309505 is a reply to message #309178] Thu, 27 March 2008 13:56 Go to previous message
lotusdeva
I think my biggest confusion with alerts/notifications is this - am I correct to assume that there are various metrics for a specific target (these can be viewed n All Metrics under Related Links in EM). These can be modified via Metrics and Policies link in EM. One the thresholds for these metrics are reached, alerts are issued in EM Console. Optionally, EM can be configured to send an email notification to the administrator. Does anyone know what is the difference between metrics displayed via All Metrics link and out of the box Notification Rules, which also contain their own metrics?
Previous Topic: Startup/Shutdown grayed out in OEM
Next Topic: How to add a remote database to OMS console tree(not standalone console)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:15:45 CDT 2024