Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Recovering data from corrupted DMP file (Oracle 9i + WinXP)
Recovering data from corrupted DMP file [message #305542] Tue, 11 March 2008 04:21 Go to next message
ali1983
Hello:-
I have a dmp file which is corrupted. Can anybody tell me that how can I recover my file. If any tool is available for this please let me know. And if crack is also available for that software then it will be very good for me.

Bye
Syed Muhammad Ali Naqvi
Re: Recovering data from corrupted DMP file [message #305549 is a reply to message #305542] Tue, 11 March 2008 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can't, there is no available Oracle tool.
Now it depends on the corruption but you didn't share it with us.

Regards
Michel
Re: Recovering data from corrupted DMP file [message #305564 is a reply to message #305542] Tue, 11 March 2008 05:09 Go to previous message
ebrian
As Michel said, your options depend on what type of corruption.

However, if the corruption can't be overcome by the conventional methods, Oracle has it's own tool called Data Unloader (DUL), but typically this is performed by Oracle field support and at a HIGH cost. You can also consider DUDE.

Course if you are running a database on XP, then I would assume this is just a test box and the cost associated with the above tools isn't warranted.
Previous Topic: Restore RAC backup to stand alone
Next Topic: Determine whether a datafile backup is valid
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 17:39:54 CDT 2024