Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Do the long time affect to restore datafile?
Do the long time affect to restore datafile? [message #301046] Tue, 19 February 2008 01:12 Go to next message
trantuananh24hg
Hi all!
DB: 10.2.0

We used RMAN to backup DB. The RMAN's backup destionation is either in DB of location machine. Because of the size of disk comes to fully, and I just decide to do these following:

- Take all of backups to the other disk and DVD storage
- Move some large tables to the other tablespace named as EXPIRED, alter this tablespace to take offline datafile, copy EXPIRED's datafiles to the other disk and DVD by OS commands.

And I have two suppose questions:

- A long time in the future, one of the table which was on EXPIRED tablespace will be crashed, so that, I will restore the copied datafile to right path before (/u02/oradata). Will the table be queried/insert/updated normally?

- One of media crashed by an accident, ok, I had all of backup before, then, I will restore them to the right path (/u03/backupDBVNE). Will I restore and recovery by RMAN normally?

Because I've not any accident, of course I do not want it occur, however, I must prepare for anything. Should I do as above?

Thank you!

[Updated on: Tue, 19 February 2008 01:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Do the long time affect to restore datafile? [message #301113 is a reply to message #301046] Tue, 19 February 2008 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> that, I will restore the copied datafile to right path before (/u02/oradata). Will the table be queried/insert/updated normally?
Did you ever try this before?
Re: Do the long time affect to restore datafile? [message #301257 is a reply to message #301113] Tue, 19 February 2008 20:12 Go to previous message
trantuananh24hg
Mahesh Rajendran wrote on Tue, 19 February 2008 17:03

Did you ever try this before?

Yeap, because that I've not tried this before, so I wonder about it.

Thank you!
Previous Topic: RMAN-03009/ORA-19513
Next Topic: Difference between whole and full backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 08:33:02 CDT 2024