Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Datafile Recovery without backup (Oracle 9.0.2.0.6 Windows Server 2003)
Datafile Recovery without backup [message #298422] Wed, 06 February 2008 01:42 Go to next message
M.Shakeel Azeem
Oracle Version: 9.0.2.6.0
Operating System: windows server 2003
Question (including full error messages and setup scripts where applicable):

Dear All,
we are using RMAN for backup ,full RMAN backup is taken on every Sunday (Weekly Basis)
we also configure controlfile autobackup as

CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON;
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 'D:\oracle\backup\CONTROLFILE_RMAN_BACKUP_%F.bak'; 

New Tablespace was created on wednesday named as wllsett_data with 2 datafiles named as wllsett_data01 and wllsett_data02

But one datafile wllsett_data02 became corrupted on thursday and goes automatically offline by oracle
Error reported in alertlog file is

Fri Feb 01 18:17:18 2008
KCF: write/open error block=0x37db89 online=1
     file=13 I:\ORACLE\ORADATA\WLLSETT\WLLSETTLEMENTDATA3.ORA
     error=27069 txt: 'OSD-04026: Invalid parameter passed. (OS 3660681)'
Automatic datafile offline due to write error on
file 13: I:\ORACLE\ORADATA\WLLSETT\WLLSETT_DATA02.ORA

when i check the status of using
select file#,status from v$datafile
where file#=13

the status displays as Recover
FILE#	STATUS
13	RECOVER

So i have to recover datafile without having a backup of that particauler datafile
i had Only a full backup taken on sunday and all archivelogs generated subsequenly from sunday to-date but that backup doesn't have backup of the datafile became corrupted
but when new ts was created the the controlfile autobackup was made by RMAN
Now will it be possible for me to recover that particuler wllsett_data02 datafile without having backup?
May be there is a problem with h/w as the error suggest
but i'll rellocate this file to new h/d other than the h/d where the corrupted datafile reside earlier

if its possible then will u please tell me how to do it ?

Please suggest !

Regards,
M.Shakeel Azeem

Re: Datafile Recovery without backup [message #298429 is a reply to message #298422] Wed, 06 February 2008 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
varu123
Quote:
i had Only a full backup taken on sunday and all archivelogs generated subsequenly from sunday to-date

As per Oracle DOcs,If you have archive logs till date,you can recover to the most current point in time.
Re: Datafile Recovery without backup [message #299924 is a reply to message #298422] Wed, 13 February 2008 12:58 Go to previous message
monto
Create an empty datafile and do a recovery for it ,believing you have all the archivelogs intact.
Previous Topic: Copy database
Next Topic: Backing up control file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 01:30:41 CDT 2024