Home » Server Options » Replication » DBMS_refresh group
DBMS_refresh group [message #297312] Thu, 31 January 2008 01:50 Go to next message
bibber
Hi,

we have a refresh group for multiple materialized views. For maintenance purposes, I have dropped a mview and created it again (using a different statement) with the exact same name.

When I execute the refresh group, the new mview is not updated. Does this have to do with privileges and how can I add the mview to the refresh group again (where can I find which mviews are in the refresh group)?

thank you
Re: DBMS_refresh group [message #297313 is a reply to message #297312] Thu, 31 January 2008 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarcS
bibber wrote on Thu, 31 January 2008 08:50
Hi,

we have a refresh group for multiple materialized views. For maintenance purposes, I have dropped a mview and created it again (using a different statement) with the exact same name.

When I execute the refresh group, the new mview is not updated. Does this have to do with privileges and how can I add the mview to the refresh group again (where can I find which mviews are in the refresh group)?

thank you

When you drop a materialized view to alter is for some reason then it's automatically removed from the refresh group it belongs to.
Which is perfectly normal: the materialized view no longer exist.

When you (re-)create a materialized view, you'll have to add it to the refresh group it belongs to.

USER_REFRESH_CHILDREN will give you the refresh group and materialized view(s) that are in those groups

HTH
Marc
Re: DBMS_refresh group [message #297353 is a reply to message #297312] Thu, 31 January 2008 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bibber
I can see the mview in user_refresh_children, but with the wrong settings. Is there an 'ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW' statement to change these refresh settings?

[Updated on: Thu, 31 January 2008 04:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: DBMS_refresh group [message #297364 is a reply to message #297353] Thu, 31 January 2008 04:23 Go to previous message
MarcS
bibber wrote on Thu, 31 January 2008 11:04
I can see the mview in user_refresh_children, but with the wrong settings. Is there an 'ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW' statement to change these refresh settings?

Maybe you should have a look in the books/documentation Wink

There is such a statement like 'ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW'.

But as I don't know what settings are wrong, I can't advice you how to fix them Wink

Please mind, there are settings on MATERIALIZED VIEW, but also on REFRESH GROUPS.
The latter can be set/changed with the DBMS_REFRESH package (also available in your books/documentation)

Previous Topic: Help to reproduce error
Next Topic: Materialized view: Query rewrite with dimension rollup doesn't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:31:43 CDT 2024