Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » duplicate database weekly using rman (suse enterprise server 9 sp3)
duplicate database weekly using rman [message #296219] Fri, 25 January 2008 02:35 Go to next message
troubadix2004
hi,

i have 2 databases:

1.) prod ==> running archivelog, daily backup

2.) test ==> running archivelog, daily backup

I did the following:

1. configuration rman repository

2.) register both databases to rman repository

3.) duplicate database with rman:
duplicate target database to TEST;
shutdown clone;
startup clone mount;
sql clone ' alter database open ';
exit
EOF

4.) when I try to connect to the test database now I got:
RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: RMAN-20001: target database not found in recovery catalog

==> if I don't re-register the database TEST in catalog I can't run our daily backup because I got the error again Sad

How could I mirror the production database to testdatabase .. ?

After mirroring I don't wanna re-register database manually .. the backup should be possible without any interaction after cloning script?

Restore of test database should possible for older versions if we clone the database in the meantime?

operating system: sles 9 sp3

oracle version: 10.2.0.3

regards

troubadix2004

Re: duplicate database weekly using rman [message #296233 is a reply to message #296219] Fri, 25 January 2008 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Not sure why you are backing up both prod and test database (unless you will have a different set of data in test).
Anyhow,
>>After mirroring I don't wanna re-register database manually ..
You have to. There is no other way.
Just include the register script along with your clone script (so that after every clone, your new test database is automatically registered).
>>Restore of test database should possible for older versions if we clone the database in the meantime?
Again,
you can just restore an older version of prod database, instead of backing up and restoring the test database.
Re: duplicate database weekly using rman [message #296234 is a reply to message #296233] Fri, 25 January 2008 03:38 Go to previous message
troubadix2004
thanks for your answer.

I assume the problem is that the dbid will changed after each cloning process.

how could I keep the dbid .. is there a way to change the dbid to the old dbid?

what happens when I open the database with resetlogs options .. ?
Previous Topic: regading spfile vs pfile while perform rman backup
Next Topic: RMAN parallelism error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 09:02:34 CDT 2024