Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » one doubt about snapshot control file in RMAN (oracle 10.1.0.3)
one doubt about snapshot control file in RMAN [message #295556] Tue, 22 January 2008 13:16 Go to next message
pavan27
Good Morning,

i have one doubt regarding snapshot control file in RMAN.

as far as my concern target database control file records backup information. like
when it was started
when it was ended
check point information.

imagine a senerio.

i am taking ramn backup at 10:00 pm . so rman looks the control file for most recent SCN information.
my backkup start timeis 10:00 pm
backup end time is 11:00 pm

during this one hour i had some transactions.let say 5000 trasnactions.

1)my question is can i have those (latest transaction which are done during the backup)transaction in my backup.
2)during backup time my control file got update because of transaction. suppose i took backup of control file at 11:05 pm
and at 11:10 my database was crashed.

in this case how do i recover my database up to the point.

i am confusing regarding snapshot control file. can any one give me some idea how it works. where i have to store that snapshot control file.

Regards,

Re: one doubt about snapshot control file in RMAN [message #295574 is a reply to message #295556] Tue, 22 January 2008 15:29 Go to previous message
ebrian
The snapshot control file isn't used for recovery, it's used so that RMAN has a consistent version of a control file to use when either resynchronizing the recovery catalog or backing up the control file.

You should configure CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON.
Previous Topic: Backup principles
Next Topic: How to Set the Location for Disk Backups
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 15:56:24 CDT 2024