Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » RAC System hangs if any node is starting
RAC System hangs if any node is starting [message #290736] Mon, 31 December 2007 05:41 Go to next message
bdgarg
Dear All,

I am new to this forum.

I got a problem related to oracle RAC. I have a three node oracle system and if any one node of these three is getting restarted then other 2 nodes will s get hanged untill the first not is not fully startted. So when first server .. gets fully started ... then only all the nodes wull be accessikble.

Our nodes get hanged frequently and when node is hanged all othere servers stops accepting connectiona .
So what best can be done in t his regard.

With Thangsinsa in advance.

BD Garg
Re: RAC System hangs if any node is starting [message #292731 is a reply to message #290736] Wed, 09 January 2008 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umakishore
All instances/Nodes are Hung because of Interconnect Failover issues.
Setup your Interconnect failover Based on your OS. We tested it on SUn and it worked.

Where can I find a list of supported solutions to ensure NIC availability (for the interconnect) per platform?
IBM AIX - available solutions:
Etherchannel (OS based)
HACMP based network failover solution
More information: Metalink Note 296856.1
HP HP/UX - available solutions:
APA - Auto Port Aggregation (OS based)
MC/Serviceguard based network failover solution
Combination of both solutions
More information: Metalink Note 296874.1 and Auto Port Aggregation (APA) Support Guide
Sun Solaris - available solutions:
Sun Trunking (OS based)
Sun IPMP (OS based)
Sun Cluster based network failover solution (IPMP based)
More information: Metalink Note 283107.1 - IPMP in general. When IPMP is used for the interconnect: Metalink Note 368464.1
Related RAC FAQ entries: In Solaris 10, do we need Sun Clusterware to provide redundancy for the interconnect and multiple switches?
Linux - available solutions:
Bonding
More information: Metalink Note 298891.1
Related RAC FAQ entries: How do I use multiple network interfaces to provide High Availability and/or Load Balancing for my interconnect with Oracle Clusterware?
Windows - available solutions:
Teaming

On Windows teaming solutions used to ensure NIC availability are usually part of the network card driver.
Thus, they depend on the network card used. Please, contact te respective hardware vendor for more information.
Re: RAC System hangs if any node is starting [message #292932 is a reply to message #292731] Thu, 10 January 2008 03:29 Go to previous message
satheeshmd

Hi,

I also faced this issue with 2 nodes.

It may occur due to the CRS failure, stop all the CRS service in the running node. After the boot the second node and stop the CRS Services. And boot the Third Node and stop the CRS Service. These steps may stabilize the servers.

Also check the crs/system logs.

Finally try to start the CRS services one by one and check the status of the servers.
And also try to apply CRS Patch Set.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 January 2008 03:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to connect to RAC database using jdbc
Next Topic: Must OCFS2 be installed in Oracle RAC environment?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:17:51 CDT 2024