Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Using RMAN to create a Standby Database (10.2, RHEL 6)
icon5.gif  Using RMAN to create a Standby Database [message #290430] Fri, 28 December 2007 17:04 Go to next message
mlgoins

Okay, I've been to the RMAN Backup and Recovery handbook, Chapter 18. I've also be to Metalink Doc 118409.1, and still I can't get RMAN to create a Standby Database. Two issues:

(1) RMAN-06024: no backup or copy of the control file found to restore (unlikely, because I issue RMAN> backup current control file for standby;" before I attempt the "duplicate target database for standby" command);

(2) I got beyond that once, and it came up with "unable to locate data file 1, 2, 3".

One thing I noticed is that an Autobackup of the control file and spfile are taken after every backup or copy of the current control file for standby. The Autobackup does NOT include a standby control file.

Whichever of the following commands I run, the memory script fails on "restore clone standby controlfile".

Here some variations I've attempted:

run {
set until sequence = 1815 thread = 1;
duplicate target database for standby
dorecover; } // the standby database is on a different server

run {
nofilenamecheck; }

run {
allocate auxiliary channel dup1 type disk;
allocate auxiliary channel dup2 type disk;
nofilenamecheck dorecover; }

I have not run:
RMAN> crosscheck backup;

But I believe the crosscheck fails anyway.

Mike
Re: Using RMAN to create a Standby Database [message #290433 is a reply to message #290430] Fri, 28 December 2007 18:57 Go to previous message
ebrian
Are your backups accessible to the remote node? The pathnames must be the same on both nodes.

You are correct that an AUTOBACKUP controlfile will not serve the purpose for creating a standby.
Previous Topic: RMAN Recovery Catalog down for 4 days
Next Topic: scripting setnew name for datafile 1 to
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 08:56:49 CDT 2024