Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Go To BOTTOM navigation aid?
Go To BOTTOM navigation aid? [message #289422] Fri, 21 December 2007 09:52 Go to next message
BlackSwan
Frank,
When inside a thread & you are at the bottom of the thread,
there is a hyperlink for "GoToTop"; which is very handy.

I am requesting (if it would not take too much effort) a similar
hyperlink at the top of the thread that would take you to the BOTTOM of the this thread; because all the latest entries are at the bottom.

On some LONG threads it takes a bit of scrolling to get down to the bottom.

Thanks for a Great Resource &

Seasons Greetings!
Re: Go To BOTTOM navigation aid? [message #289446 is a reply to message #289422] Fri, 21 December 2007 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
My operating system is Windows XP and my browser is Opera.

I navigate "to the top" / "to the bottom" using <Ctrl + Home> / <Ctrl + End>. No scrolling at all. Of course, it may require you to use both hands or stretch one hand's fingers to do that, which might be inconvenient.
Re: Go To BOTTOM navigation aid? [message #289453 is a reply to message #289446] Fri, 21 December 2007 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
It also works with Firefox and Internet Explorer on Windows Vista.
Re: Go To BOTTOM navigation aid? [message #289486 is a reply to message #289453] Sat, 22 December 2007 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
Long threads also have the little arrow beside the thread-title. Instead of clicking the thread-title hyperlink, hit the arrow and it opens the thread and takes you straight to the bottom.

See the Ban Spammers thread as an example.
Re: Go To BOTTOM navigation aid? [message #289488 is a reply to message #289486] Sat, 22 December 2007 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Although this is true for me as well, Ross, the down-arrow is supposed to take you to the first unseen post.
I know it used to do so, but lately I noticed it takes me to the bottom of threads as you say, especially for long threads I never saw the first post of.
Also, it cannot always be used to jump to the end of the thread, because it's only there for threads with unseen posts.
Re: Go To BOTTOM navigation aid? [message #289511 is a reply to message #289488] Sun, 23 December 2007 00:26 Go to previous message
rleishman
Thanks for clearing that up Frank. At least its a partial solution - I don't open seen threads that much, so I find it pretty useful.
Previous Topic: download scripts in zip format
Next Topic: New Puzzle Forum ? ( Put your poll )
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:09:00 CDT 2024