Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Using Client side "exp" (10g on AIX 5.3)
Using Client side "exp" [message #278495] Sun, 04 November 2007 14:21 Go to next message
seethem
Can you help please?
I would like to have an Oracle Client off of a RHEL4.5 blade call the exp function and create the DMP and LOG files **SERVER** side...

Here is my script...
-------------------------------------
export VIEW="v\$database"

EXPORT=`sqlplus -s ${USERNAME}/${PASSWORD}@${ORACLE_SID} <<EOF
set feed off head off timing off linesize 250
spool /home/oracle/result.out
select 'exp ${USERNAME}/${PASSWORD}@${ORACLE_SID} file=${BACKUP_PATH}/${TAG}.DMP log=${EXPLOG}/EXP_${TAG}.LOG buffer=100000 statistics=none flashback_scn='||current_scn||' full=y' from ${VIEW};
spool off
exit
EOF`
-------------------------------------

Question:
===========
If I am kicking this script off of a client machine, using Oracle 10g client tools, how can I make this script run server side?

Considering that when I use RMAN from the client side, I am able get the backed up files stored on the server side. Which is what I want.
Is it that I need to use datapump or can binary exports do the trick for me.
Re: Using Client side "exp" [message #278496 is a reply to message #278495] Sun, 04 November 2007 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You have to use data pump.
Data pump creates file on server.
exp creates file on client.

Regards
Michel
Re: Using Client side "exp" [message #278500 is a reply to message #278495] Sun, 04 November 2007 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seethem
Thanks Michael. I'll adjust the script.

Any special flags to be aware of?
Re: Using Client side "exp" [message #278504 is a reply to message #278500] Sun, 04 November 2007 14:48 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:

Any special flags to be aware of?

Weird question. You have to be aware of all flags in order to use the one appropriate to your case.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: exp vs expdp
Next Topic: Import undo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 14 05:42:40 CDT 2024