Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » lost system tablespace datafile in oracle8i
lost system tablespace datafile in oracle8i [message #271727] Tue, 02 October 2007 12:34 Go to next message
baoz@hnicorp.com
From the old post I read looks like Kurt Van Meerbeeck has a tool that can help with this. I am hoping you can contact me and I want to know if you can help us on this.

The situation was stated below. We have an old server running on Windows 2000 Advance, it hosts 4 databases running on Oracle 8i. The databases were in noachivelog mode, and we had no backup or export whatsoever. Multiple disks failed to come up after a reboot. We lost lots of datafiles. We identified there are 4 tablespaces that we want to recover the data in there. Their datafiles are all still there, but we lost the system tablespace datafile. The database was refreshed from other system so we do have similar system datafile from the original system.
The 4 datafiles are 2G, 150M, 10M, 10M in size repectively. The had less than 1000 tables in total.

It seems Kurt has a tool that can read those 4 database files and recover the data. I am not sure how I can contact him except posting a message here. I hope he can contact me to let me know if he can help, and how much it will cost us.

Thanks.
Re: lost system tablespace datafile in oracle8i [message #271728 is a reply to message #271727] Tue, 02 October 2007 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can contact Oracle, they have DUL (Data UnLoader) and can do it for you and for $$$.

Regards
Michel
Re: lost system tablespace datafile in oracle8i [message #271780 is a reply to message #271727] Tue, 02 October 2007 21:53 Go to previous message
Arju

Trick of Oracle....
Previous Topic: Datafile missing
Next Topic: restore controlfile , and adding tempfile to temp tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 14:04:10 CDT 2024