Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleErrorCollection in ODP .Net
Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleErrorCollection in ODP .Net [message #254896] Mon, 30 July 2007 00:28 Go to next message
himang

I am sorry to post it in this thread as when I am creating a new TOPIC, it is giving error - Your session has expired. Please re-submit the form. Sorry for the inconvenience. I tried clearing cache and everything but getting this error.

My problem...

I am seeing a strange behavior happening in our Oracle database (Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.5.0 – Prod). The problem is that sometimes the ODP .Net is not able to call the package and gives this error, whereas the package remains VALID and all the GRANTS are also VALID. The package in ORDER_SCHEMA is called from different schema, which has VALID grants at the time of error.
Quote:
Exception Type: Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException
Errors: Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleErrorCollection
DataSource: obsitcs.world
Message: ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
ORA-04065: not executed, altered or dropped stored procedure "ORDER_SCHEMA.ORDERBROKER_LOGGING_PACKAGE"
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called

And when we REGRANT the EXECUTE permission to the calling schema, it starts working? It is very RANDOM and happens occasionally. The other strange thing is that the when we execute it through SQL*Plus, it works but .Net Code is giving this error. The package status remains VALID at that time.

I checked the "remote_dependencies_mode" parameter and it is TIMESTAMP model.

Do anybody have any idea, why it may be happening?

[Updated on: Mon, 30 July 2007 00:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleErrorCollection in ODP .Net [message #254907 is a reply to message #254896] Mon, 30 July 2007 01:10 Go to previous message
Frank
Split your reply off, to a new topic
Previous Topic: converting sql server tables into oracle tables
Next Topic: SQL IN function question.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:24:04 CDT 2024