Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Migration from oracle 8i IBM Z/OS mainframe to 10gR2 on IBM AIX
Migration from oracle 8i IBM Z/OS mainframe to 10gR2 on IBM AIX [message #248406] Thu, 28 June 2007 22:37 Go to next message
darshanmeel
Hi

WE want to migrate the database from oracle 8i(8.1.7.4) on IBMZ/OS to oracle 10g r2 on IBM AIX Unix server. Do anyone have any idea what are the methods to do so?

I have done lot of research and found that i have only two options

1. Export and import
2. CTAS

But both of these methods are not preferrable for the data size that i have.(300GB). Please let me know if there is any alternate methods to do?

or if not any then how to make the above mentioned two methods fatser?
Re: Migration from oracle 8i IBM Z/OS mainframe to 10gR2 on IBM AIX [message #248568 is a reply to message #248406] Fri, 29 June 2007 10:10 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
darshanmeel wrote on Thu, 28 June 2007 21:37
Hi

WE want to migrate the database from oracle 8i(8.1.7.4) on IBMZ/OS to oracle 10g r2 on IBM AIX Unix server. Do anyone have any idea what are the methods to do so?

I have done lot of research and found that i have only two options

1. Export and import
2. CTAS

But both of these methods are not preferrable for the data size that i have.(300GB). Please let me know if there is any alternate methods to do?

or if not any then how to make the above mentioned two methods fatser?

Yes IMPORT $ EXPORT

The size of the databse is big enough.

Do you know your indexes size?
theres and option of export only data without indexes and then create indexes later on here.

And i guess theres no other option for converting this.
Previous Topic: ftp Return Code
Next Topic: RAW device
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:46:45 CDT 2024