Home » Server Options » Replication » Reg:Read-only Replication
icon5.gif  Reg:Read-only Replication [message #245589] Mon, 18 June 2007 03:20 Go to next message
logina

hi all,
I am using Oracle 10g. I am very new to replication. I want to replicate data from one database of one machine to another database of another machine. i.e only two databases. And only one way replication i want. i.e i will do changes only in one database. that will effect to another database of another machine(i.e read-only). And the data should effect with in 5 or 10 min. Is it possible.I saw some option in Enterprise Manager Any help please.
Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 June 2007 03:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reg:Read-only Replication [message #245728 is a reply to message #245589] Mon, 18 June 2007 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Quote:
Is it possible.I saw some option in Enterprise Manager Any help please.

What kind of option you are looking for in EM?
Re: Reg:Read-only Replication [message #245833 is a reply to message #245728] Mon, 18 June 2007 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
logina

I saw Advanced replication option and Streams also. Is it possible my requirement with that options.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Reg:Read-only Replication [message #245922 is a reply to message #245589] Tue, 19 June 2007 05:34 Go to previous message
am_nk
From the enterprise manager java console you can configure this.
Take the main site as master and the other as snapshot site.
On the master site create snapshot log for the tables you need replication. Make sure to copy the full contents of the data from the snapshot site to the master site table.
In the snapshot site drop the table and create the readonly snapshot using the command
create snapshot<name> as select * from <name>@db1 ;
Then you can schedule to refresh this at selected times from the enterprise manager.
Thanks
Munu
Previous Topic: Basic requirements for oracle replication
Next Topic: Simple MV not being used.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:21:29 CDT 2024