Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Installation Oracle 8i on WinXP
Installation Oracle 8i on WinXP [message #101069] Tue, 13 April 2004 06:52 Go to next message
g.m.iqbal
please provide me with a procedure to install oracle8i on windows xp with variable setting in dos
Re: installing oracle8i on windows xp [message #101242 is a reply to message #101069] Fri, 02 July 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kapil pandey
hi
pls help me to install Oracle8i on MS XP professtional
O/S
Re: installing oracle8i on windows xp [message #101646 is a reply to message #101069] Sun, 30 January 2005 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khajamiya
while instatling the oracle8i in windows XP giving an message No valid staging folder and no toplevel components of winnt.
please send the reply as soon as possible.
Re: installing oracle8i on windows xp [message #101647 is a reply to message #101069] Mon, 31 January 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keyur
Please, I want to know that
how to install Oracle8i on Windows Xp and
What changes are needed for installing Oracle 8i ?
Re: installing oracle8i on windows xp [message #101667 is a reply to message #101647] Fri, 11 February 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wahed
Sir,
i am unable to connect to the database through my jsp programs i am using tomcat server.My oracle8i(1.7)installation is not over as the test to connect,the database cannot be reached please help me. I am using java2 version.
Re: installing oracle8i on windows xp [message #109252 is a reply to message #101667] Wed, 23 February 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raj
installin oracle8i on xp
Re: installing oracle8i on windows xp [message #116028 is a reply to message #101242] Sat, 16 April 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amit_ghy
Is service pack 2 of windows XP professional necessary to install oracle 8i on XP? Bcoz soon after oracle8i is installed logging in is denied showing wrong username &/or password .
ORA-01034 [message #158164 is a reply to message #101647] Wed, 08 February 2006 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srinivas_adi143

[quote title=keyur wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 20:14]Please, i faced an error ORA-01034:oracle not available.....i was able to run the sql plus for the first time when i installed oracle but once i logged off and tried to re enter from then iam facing this problem.
ora-01034 why does this error occur.....what is the solution [message #158165 is a reply to message #101647] Wed, 08 February 2006 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srinivas_adi143

hi sir,
iam facing this problem since last 2days when i installed the oracle8i on xp...first time i cud run sql plus with scott\tiger username & password but from then iam unable to use the sql plus i dint made any dump in the drive i just installed the sw....... plz help me out.....
Oracle 8i & Windows XP Pro [message #171363 is a reply to message #101069] Tue, 09 May 2006 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vineetrocks2005
Can any one please tell me how can i install Oracle 8i on Windows XP Pro.I have searched this forum without getting any solution.please help me.it's urgent

thank u
Re: Oracle 8i & Windows XP Pro [message #171511 is a reply to message #171363] Wed, 10 May 2006 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

If it's a fresh installation then why don't you go for 9i or 10g. 8i is already out of the market.
Re: Oracle 8i & Windows XP Pro [message #171583 is a reply to message #171511] Wed, 10 May 2006 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vineetrocks2005
No I just want to instal oracle 8i .Please tell me
Re: Oracle 8i & Windows XP Pro [message #171678 is a reply to message #171583] Thu, 11 May 2006 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

Try this,

http://kb.iu.edu/data/anjm.html

and the link to Oracle 8i documantation

http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/oracle8i.html

You should find installation steps there also.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 May 2006 00:32]

Report message to a moderator

icon14.gif  Solution for run Oracle in Windows XP [message #240192 is a reply to message #101069] Thu, 24 May 2007 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramezdreams

1. Change the startup setting of the instance of Oracle database such that the instance of Oracle database does not automatically start when the Oracle database service is started. To do so, follow these steps.
Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
c. In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0
Note The name of this registry key ends with the number zero (0), not the letter o.
d. In the right pane of Registry Editor, double click ORA_<SID>_AUTOSTART.
Note: Replace <SID> with the name of the Oracle database service.
e. In the Edit String dialog box, type FALSE in the Value data box, and then click OK.
f. Close Registry Editor.

Alternate for Step 2 and 3:
Copy the given files, StartupOracleORCL.sql and Orastart.bat to C:\ drive )

2. Create the following batch file with the name StartupOracleORCL.sql:

connect internal/oracle
startup

3.Create the following Windows batch file with the name Orastart.bat in the same folder where you created the StartupOracleORCL.sql batch file in step 2:
svrmgrl @<Full path of startupOracleORCL.sql created in Step 2>

4. Restart your system properly

5.(Every time before starting SQL Plus) Run the Orastart.bat file at a command prompt

Note: a) You may notice that the instance of Oracle database starts successfully.
b) Now you can start SQL plus from Program files and login with system/manager or scott/tiger
Re: Oracle 8i & Windows XP Pro [message #240205 is a reply to message #171583] Thu, 24 May 2007 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramezdreams

Hi,

Actually i'm not getting any error on while installing Oracle in Windows Xp, First time i cud run sql plus with any default usrname/password but after restarting the system iam unable to use the sql plus.. the following error only i got,

"ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available "

But now, i have found the soltuion for this problem only...

This is Solution for run Oracle in Windows XP

1.Change the startup setting of the instance of Oracle database such that the instance of Oracle database does not automatically start when the Oracle database service is started.
To do so, follow these steps.

Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
c. In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0

Note The name of this registry key ends with the number zero (0), not the letter o.

d. In the right pane of Registry Editor, double click ORA_<SID>_AUTOSTART.

Note: Replace <SID> with the name of the Oracle database service.

e. In the Edit String dialog box, type FALSE in the Value data box, and then click OK.

f. Close Registry Editor.

Alternate for Step 2 and 3:
Copy the given files, StartupOracleORCL.sql and Orastart.bat to C:\ drive )

2.Create the following batch file with the name StartupOracleORCL.sql:

connect internal/oracle
startup

3.Create the following Windows batch file with the name Orastart.bat in the same folder where you created the StartupOracleORCL.sql batch file in step 2:

svrmgrl @<Full path of startupOracleORCL.sql created in Step 2>

4. Restart your system properly

5. (Every time before starting SQL Plus) Run the Orastart.bat file at a command prompt

Note: a) You may notice that the instance of Oracle database starts successfully.
b) Now you can start SQL plus from Program files and login with system/manager or scott/tiger.

Try to solve your problem...

Thank you,
Rameshkumar.G
Re: Oracle 8i & Windows XP Pro [message #240212 is a reply to message #171511] Thu, 24 May 2007 06:37 Go to previous message
ramezdreams

You try this,

i got this solution from some other forums,

But i didn't try this...

Installation of Oracle8i on Windows XP

This is a work around to Install Oracle 8i on Windows XP:
1 - Copy the content of your Oracle CD into hard disk in your
machine. For example Copy from oracle8i CD into D:\Oracle\ ...
2 - Search the file Symcjit.dll on the D drive (where you have
copied Oracle8i. You can found it in:
- For Oracle8i 1.7:
D:\Oracle\stage\Components\oracle.swd.jre\1.1.7.30\1
\DataFiles\Expanded\jre\win32\bin\symcjit.dll
- For Oracle8i 1.6:
D:\Oracle\stage\Components\oracle.swd.jre\1.1.7.24\1
\DataFiles\Expanded\jre\win32\bin\symcjit.dll
3 - Rename this file (Example): symcjit_back.dll
4 - Execute the Oracle setup.exe from D:\Oracle\setup.exe

..Ramez..
Previous Topic: Transfer