Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Deleting a Element/Node in a XML document From PL/SQL
Deleting a Element/Node in a XML document From PL/SQL [message #239357] Tue, 22 May 2007 02:21 Go to next message
gowrishankar

hi all,

iam able to get the xml document and traverse them and iam printing the attributes of each element.

now i need to delete an Element/Node in that Xml document.

how to do this .?

With regards,
GowriShankar.N
Re: Deleting a Element/Node in a XML document From PL/SQL [message #239886 is a reply to message #239357] Wed, 23 May 2007 09:49 Go to previous message
Snowblitzz
Been a while ago i worked with oracle in XML

what i can remember is that there is that if you have more of the same elements in the xml it becomes dificult. if not u can just read out the complete xml and get the part the tag and after the tag and put those together. this way you dont need the xml parsing

an other way it to make a query with xpath. last time i did it was a while ago so i got rusty in it so i just send you the links where i got my info about it back then.

but here you can find howto about it:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/quinlan-xml.html
Check after title "XQuery ora: Functions"
you will find somthing about
Syntax: ora:replace (target_string, match_pattern,
replace_string [, match_parameter])

or just go to otn.oracle.com and select XML from left menu and search around Wink, its a great place to look around.

Hope you figure it out soon Wink
Previous Topic: Error executing a package on Oracle 10G database
Next Topic: Running Stored Procedure Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:45:10 CDT 2024