Home » Applications » Other Application Suites » Procedure_urgent  () 1 Vote
Procedure_urgent [message #230672] Thu, 12 April 2007 10:06 Go to next message
Priya_reddy
I have to write procedure .

The procedure should have logic to produce a generic message written to the same target as the difference reports, when the reference table name does not have a corresponding procedure for refresh in Oracle

procedure for each table that will compare the data of the non-prefixed table to the RL prefixed table.
Razz
Please give me some clue.
Priya
Re: Procedure_urgent [message #230683 is a reply to message #230672] Thu, 12 April 2007 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
No. I don't even understand what you want!

Regards
Michel
Re: Procedure_urgent [message #230688 is a reply to message #230672] Thu, 12 April 2007 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Priya_reddy
Will you give me some clue how can I solve it.

So I have to write procedure that procedure should have logic to produce a generic message written to the same target as the difference reports, when the reference table name does not have a corresponding procedure for refresh in Oracle.

Below is the list of reference tables under the GTN_MCC schema. In the same schema with RL_ prefixing the table names are the master reference tables that will be periodically refreshed for comparison to the list of tables below.

After the refresh of the RL_ table occurs a process in Teradata will invoke the Oracle stored procedure to do the comparison. There are several dozen tables in Teradata and only the nine tables listed below in Oracle.

Oracle Oracle
Schema: GTN_MCC Schema: GTN_MCC
Reference Tables Refresh Master Tables
CTRY RL_CTRY
ST_PRVNC RL_ST_PRVNC
TRNSPRN_EVNT_CD RL_TRNSPRN_EVNT_CD
CTRCT_TRM RL_CTRCT_TRM
STD_TRNST_TM RL_STD_TRNST_TM
HLDY RL_HLDY

Re: Procedure_urgent [message #230695 is a reply to message #230672] Thu, 12 April 2007 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Priya_reddy

CTEM RL_CTEM
ST_PRVNC RL_ST_PRVNC
Tllm_EVNT_Cl RL_Tllm_EVNT_Cl
CTRCT_TRM RL_CTRCT_TRM

Above is the list of reference tables under the LTB_CCC schema. In the same schema with RL_ prefixing the table names are the master reference tables that will be periodically refreshed for comparison to the list of tables below. After the refresh of the RL_ table occurs a process in Teradata will invoke the Oracle stored procedure to do the comparison.

So I have to write procedure that will receive the table name as an input parameter and will invoke a similarly named procedure. The procedure should have logic to produce a generic message written to the same target as the difference reports, when the reference table name does not have a corresponding procedure for refresh in Oracle

Please give me some hints how I will write

Priya
Re: Procedure_urgent [message #230697 is a reply to message #230695] Thu, 12 April 2007 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Priya_reddy
Priya_reddy wrote on Thu, 12 April 2007 10:49

Reference Tables
MTTN
ST_llp

Refresh Master Tables
RL_MTTN
ST_IIP

Above is the list of reference tables under the LTB_CCC schema. In the same schema with RL_ prefixing the table names are the master reference tables that will be periodically refreshed for comparison to the list of tables below. After the refresh of the RL_ table occurs a process in Teradata will invoke the Oracle stored procedure to do the comparison.

So I have to write procedure that will receive the table name as an input parameter and will invoke a similarly named procedure. The procedure should have logic to produce a generic message written to the same target as the difference reports, when the reference table name does not have a corresponding procedure for refresh in Oracle

Please give me some hints how I will write

Priya

Re: Procedure_urgent [message #230721 is a reply to message #230688] Thu, 12 April 2007 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Priya_reddy
Priya_reddy wrote on Thu, 12 April 2007 10:38
Will you give me some clue how can I solve it.

So I have to write procedure that procedure should have logic to produce a generic message written to the same target as the difference reports, when the reference table name does not have a corresponding procedure for refresh in Oracle.

Below is the list of reference tables under the GTN_MCC schema. In the same schema with RL_ prefixing the table names are the master reference tables that will be periodically refreshed for comparison to the list of tables below.

After the refresh of the RL_ table occurs a process in Teradata will invoke the Oracle stored procedure to do the comparison. There are several dozen tables in Teradata and only the nine tables listed below in Oracle.

Oracle Oracle
Schema: GTN_MCC Schema: GTN_MCC
CTRY RL_CTRY
ST_PRVNC RL_ST_PRVNC
TRNSPRN_EVNT_CD RL_TRNSPRN_EVNT_CD
CTRCT_TRM RL_CTRCT_TRM
STD_TRNST_TM RL_STD_TRNST_TM
HLDY RL_HLDY

Re: Procedure_urgent [message #230728 is a reply to message #230721] Thu, 12 April 2007 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Could you post once more your messages?

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Thu, 12 April 2007 12:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Procedure_urgent [message #230750 is a reply to message #230728] Thu, 12 April 2007 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Good one Michel!!
Re: Procedure_urgent [message #230753 is a reply to message #230750] Thu, 12 April 2007 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Maybe you should post it in all capitals.
If people don't understand you, simply repeat what you just said. If they still don't get you, shout.
Re: Procedure_urgent [message #230912 is a reply to message #230753] Fri, 13 April 2007 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
I'm guessing this is an Oracle Apps question.
Re: Procedure_urgent [message #232737 is a reply to message #230672] Mon, 23 April 2007 02:38 Go to previous message
michael_bialik
I think I understood it:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION GTN_MCC.TEST_TABLE ( pTableName VARCHAR2 )
    RETURN NUMBER IS
 i NUMBER;
BEGIN
   SELECT 1 INTO i FROM USER_TABLES
   WHERE table_name = 'RL_' || pTableName;
EXCEPTION
   WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN
     RETURN 0;
END;
Previous Topic: Oracle 10g standard vs Enterprise
Next Topic: sap 4.7 installation over win2k3 server
Goto Forum: