Home » Other » Marketplace » Oracle SQL DBA
Oracle SQL DBA [message #217499] Fri, 02 February 2007 09:38 Go to next message
TSGERS
Hi All,
My name is Eric and I'm a staffing coordinator with The Systems Group. I'm having a difficult time finding good Oracle DBA consultants and my Uncle who happens to be an Oracle DBA referred me to this site. If anyone is currently available for a contract in RI or knows of anyone I would appreciate the help. We also have a great referral bonus program that allows you to earn up to $900 for referrals.

Thanks!

Eric
(617) 243-0220 x.2105
ERS@TheSystemsGroup.com

Re: Oracle SQL DBA [message #217734 is a reply to message #217499] Mon, 05 February 2007 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Location information?

MHE
Re: Oracle SQL DBA [message #217779 is a reply to message #217734] Mon, 05 February 2007 07:39 Go to previous message
TSGERS

Job Code: 5259
Job Title: Oracle SQL DBA

Company: Fidelity Target Start Date: ASAP Assignment Location: Smithfield, RI Length: 6 months

Skills: 7+ years of SQL Server Administration 5+ years of Oracle Administration
UDB or Sybase is a plus Good comm. Skills are essential

Job Summary:
Position Purpose/Objective:

The selected candidate will provide MS SQL Server and Oracle database application life cycle support including database design, development, implementation, and support in the development and production environments. This candidate will also provide recommendations and solutions on database and application architecture, database integrity, security and availability to the database community.

Responsibilities:

· Create and maintain SQL Server databases including monitoring, schema management, space management, performance tuning, SQL tuning, database backup and recovery, disaster recovery, data replication, and database refresh
· Create and maintain Oracle databases on Unix including monitoring, schema management, space management, performance tuning, SQL tuning, database backup and recovery, disaster recovery, data replication, and database refresh
· Provide recommendations and solutions on database and application architecture, database performance, integrity, security and availability to management, development and production support teams
· Perform full life cycle support including data modeling, design and implementation of physical databases.
· Perform project management functions across multiple projects acting as the onshore customer-facing liaison and database representative.
· Provide 24x7 production support and ensure that all critical database problems are resolved in a timely manner
· Participate and take a leadership role on offshoring database work as well as building out a fully integrated data and database management organization (DBA COE). Must think strategically and work in partnership with Fidelity business units within a matrix organization made up of onshore and offshore project team members.
· Development background is a major plus with experience in MS Reporting/Analysis Services, stored procedure, functions, and etc.
· Evaluate and recommend software products that enhance system performance and business functionality
· Work with team members of an offshore team, acting as hands-on technical backup, using follow-the-sun support model, as well as emergency and on-call back up.

Experience/Skills:

· 7+ years of MS SQL Server 2000/2005 database administration experience
· 5+ years of Oracle, 8i/9i/10g, database administration experience; UDB and Sybase is a plus
· Broad DBMS technical background in development and production across multiple hardware and software platforms including Window 2000, Solaris, AIX, and LINUX is highly desired
· Ability to perform DBA activities that span multiple phases of database application life cycle including data modeling to physical design, instance creation and tuning, schema management, space management, backup and recovery, disaster recovery, data replication, database refresh, SQL programming and tuning
· Experience in various database tool and software like DBArtisan, Quest tools, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, Oracle OEM, Clear Case, Informatica, Brio, ASP, .NET, WebSphere, VB, ACCESS, C++, JAVA, and XML is highly desired
· Experience in Data Modeling tools like Power Designer, ERWIN or etc.
· Understanding of entire application development life cycle
· Ability to manage database projects i
Previous Topic: Onsite Opportunity for Apps Functional & Technical consultant!!
Next Topic: Oracle Clients in Jordan.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:16:37 CDT 2024