Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » getColumnListMetaData fails
getColumnListMetaData fails [message #213272] Wed, 10 January 2007 02:28 Go to next message
yurec
Hi
Can somebody tel me any peculiarity of getColumnListMetaData function?I'm totaly new to Oracle and OCCI and the function seems to be strange for me.For example when I call it from the function, that takes a string as a parametr ( SomeClass::Execute(const string & szQuery) or even SomeClass::Execute(string szQuery) it fails with segmentation fault,when I put data longer than some maximum (for my case it was 37 charachters) ).When I use char * instead of string all is ok.The next strange feature is that I need to clear the returned vector of MetaData before closing ResultSet.Otherwise I get segmentation fault.I tested it all with a table,that has 2 fields ,or with a query resulting one or two columns.So I'd made everything worked fine,but just changed a query to return more than two columns I got *** glibc detected *** free():invalid pointer ..
Tell me smth, I must know about hwo this function works and possible errors while using it.
Thanks in advance.
Yura.
Re: getColumnListMetaData fails [message #213525 is a reply to message #213272] Thu, 11 January 2007 02:12 Go to previous message
yurec
Solved by using another complier version
Previous Topic: DIFF bet Pre-Compiled "C" File on windows and Linux
Next Topic: OCCI Statement Class: get input parameters info
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:58:44 CDT 2024