Home » Other » Marketplace » Oracle is Dying!
Oracle is Dying! [message #207380] Tue, 05 December 2006 05:17 Go to next message
ambersami
Hi Guys!

Who says Oracle is Dying..! No!!! on the other hand it is gaining huge market share..! Job Opportunities for Oracle Consultants is increasing day by day all over the world.

I have this view as i work as the Business Development Manager for a recruitment agency based in UK,where we resource SAP,ORACLE,SIEBEL,Peoplesoft Consulants to clients in UK,Middle-East and India.

We have been noticing that the demand for Oracle Consultants (both Functional and Technical) has been similar to SAP requirements.There are many companies who have implemented both SAP and Oracle.

There was a period where SAP Consultants were paid much more than Oracle or Peoplesoft, but its not the same anymore.SAP and Oracle has similar market rates.

If you would to have information about the job market, opportunities in Europe ,Middle-East and Asia, please let me know, i would be more than happy to give you some info on it.

You can mail me at amber@erplabs.co.uk and let me see if i could be of any help to you.

Regards,
Amber
Re: Oracle is Dying! [message #210077 is a reply to message #207380] Tue, 19 December 2006 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdmoinuddin
Hi Amber,

Good. Your guidance would certainly boost up the confidence of Oracle Job hunters.

I have a question related to freshers in ERP who are in very large numbers and send their CV's to me for assistance. I always feel helpless with those guys who dream for a good career in ERP but most of the time struggle to get a break. Any advice?

Thanks,

Re: Oracle is Dying! [message #210091 is a reply to message #210077] Tue, 19 December 2006 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adepunanditha

Hi All,

Thanks Moinuddin. U have understood the pain which freshers going thru and i am one among them.Will be waitin 4 Mr.Amber's advice

Thanks,
Nanditha

[Updated on: Tue, 19 December 2006 06:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle is Dying! [message #210349 is a reply to message #207380] Wed, 20 December 2006 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ambersami
Hi All,

Thanks for the posts.Venturing into ERP career should compliment with a good functional or a technical background. Irrespective of the ERP System be it SAP / Oracle / Peoplesoft / Siebel / Others, one needs to be equipped with business process knowledge to find a good career in ERP.

The major blue ship Companies who are into ERP Implementation do entertain freshers, provided they have relevant functional or technical skills apart from their knowledge in ERP.

If you are a candidate who does not have a relevant experience then it becomes difficult to get your first break. My suggestion would be try for a junior role or a super-user role, where you get exposed to the actual production systems.

ERP is a booming industry, but its not green, you have to face the struggle to get the first break,utilize this time to strength your technical concepts, converse with people in the industry who could share their experiences with you.

Regards,
Amber
Re: Oracle is Dying! [message #212994 is a reply to message #210349] Tue, 09 January 2007 01:21 Go to previous message
dksampat
Hi all,

I need your help/advice in shaping up my career. I have 3 yrs of experience in Pl/Sql, Forms, Reports + some experience as
Oracle DBA (9i Developer OCP + 9i DBA OCP). Currently I am in Singapore working in Pl/Sql. Now I want to become a Oracle APPS
Technical Developer. So I have started learning APPS Basics on my own using "Oracle Applications Developer's Guide" got from
Technet (Oracle).

But I am not able to find a break here in Singapore, because I have technical and work experince in Oracle Pl/Sql, Forms and
Reports but no Work Experinece in Oracle APPS (Only Technical knowledge in Oracle APPS).

- Will companies in Singapore be ready to take a person with this kind of profile (One who has technical and work experince
in Oracle Pl/Sql, Forms and Reports + technical knowledge and no work experince in Oracle APPS) ?
- Can you please give me any references/opportunities/websites for the same ? I am ready to relocate to US or Europe too, if
opportunities exists there.

Kindly help me in shaping up my career.

Regards,
Dinesh
Previous Topic: Change of Career : Need your kind advice/help
Next Topic: SIEBEL consultant-Consulenti SIEBEL (Rome, Italy)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:30:12 CDT 2024