Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » I am getting problem in Mapping sequence
I am getting problem in Mapping sequence [message #198311] Mon, 16 October 2006 09:26 Go to next message
kesavanr
hai friends,

I am newer to the owb. i want to generate a unique number for one target column.

I tried using the mapping sequence operator.but i am not getting my desired results.

my transformations are look like

source & target tables ----> setop --> keylookup ---> expr ---> agg ---> exp ---> joiner ---> mapping seq --> target table

here i have 9246 records from the last joiner operations to load data into the target table.

so my sequence is generating from 9247 instead of 1. i want to generate from 1 .

what is the problem? i dont know how to solve it.

can any1 help me..........

thanks in advance

with regards
kesavan.r
Re: I am getting problem in Mapping sequence [message #199439 is a reply to message #198311] Tue, 24 October 2006 05:44 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Such a behaviour is in a sequence's nature.

If we forget about all (additional) qualifiers and options, a sequence in Oracle is created simply as

CREATE SEQUENCE sequence_name;

It will start from 1 and increment by 1 (though, you might have gaps between numbers) for every fetch from the sequence.

Once you reached 9246, it will - in your next operation - start from "last value + 1" which is 9247.

Therefore, either recreate the sequence (DROP and CREATE is the simplest way, although there is a way to rewind it back without dropping it) or use another sequence which will start from the desired value.

Please, keep in mind that this was written upon experience with sequences, NOT Oracle Warehouse Builder.
Previous Topic: warehouse builder create repository error ora-22905
Next Topic: Difference b/w ODS and OLTP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:01:49 CDT 2024