Home » Other » Marketplace » Help - Opportunities in Oracle
Help - Opportunities in Oracle [message #192467] Tue, 12 September 2006 09:03 Go to next message
amol_thigale
Hi,

I have completed Diploma in Mech in 1997 and worked in Mechanical industry for 4 years. Since last 2 1/2 years I am in IT field. I am working on an ERP called Movex as a Technical Consultant and my job profile comprises of development/enhancement and support of this product in RPG/400. Thus in a nutshell I am in AS/400 field for last 2 1/2 years.

I want to know what are the career options and opportunities in Oracle for a person with such a background. Would like to know opportunities in both functional and technical areas. Further, would like to know what would be the profiles of opportunities after having the relevant training. Also what kind of training should I go for etc. Can anyone please help me for getting the information ?

Regards,

[Updated on: Tue, 12 September 2006 09:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help - Opportunities in Oracle [message #193397 is a reply to message #192467] Sat, 16 September 2006 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
What are you after? A DBA job? Analyst? Developer? Apps? I think it is up to you to decide what your interests are. And once you know what you want you can start going in that direction.

MHE
Re: Help - Opportunities in Oracle [message #193600 is a reply to message #193397] Mon, 18 September 2006 07:40 Go to previous message
amol_thigale
Hi Maaher,
Thanks a lot for replying my query. In fact I wanted to know all kinds of opportunities in Oracle. Would like to know what roles all of these guys play in Oracle. I am more interested in techincal things thus I prefer to move to Development. But since I am currently working on ERP products, I want to know the opportunities in Application area as well. I am not very sure what exactly analyst people do in Oracle.
Request you to please elaborate on all possible opportunities available so that I can decide further what area to choose. I know I am asking for too much of information, but unless I am very clear of all these things I won't be able to decide the further course of action,

Awaiting you response,
Thanks a lot !
Amol
Previous Topic: Dallas, TX - Oracle People Needed!
Next Topic: 20 x All Fusion Developers - BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:06:25 CDT 2024