Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » New to JDeveloper
New to JDeveloper [message #176540] Thu, 08 June 2006 12:50 Go to next message
harleenflora
I am Oracle PL/SQL Developer with some .net experience and want to migrate Oracle Forms applications into JDeveloper 10g. Since I am new to Java Technology, could you please tell me how should I proceed to learn JDeveloper so that its easy to migrate existing Oracle forms into Jdeveloper.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Harleen Flora
Re: New to JDeveloper [message #177924 is a reply to message #176540] Sun, 18 June 2006 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gogula77
Hi,

You can find a lot of learning material relating to jdev in the fallowing websides:

otn.oracle.com
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/index.html

All the best

Gogula
Re: New to JDeveloper [message #192370 is a reply to message #176540] Tue, 12 September 2006 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scollab786
I am Oracle PL/SQL Developer and migrate Oracle Forms applications into JDeveloper 10g.
I got the error at last step when i create the Top Link Mappings Top Link Mappings for the Database Objects. Error detail
java.lang.NullPointerException
at oracle.ideimpl.log.TabbedLogManager.getMsgPage(TabbedLogManager.java:101)
at oracle.toplink.addin.log.POJOGenerationLoggingAdapter.updateTask(POJOGenerationLoggingAdapter.java:42)
at oracle.toplink.addin.mappingcreation.MappingCreatorImpl.fireTaskUpdated(MappingCreatorImpl.java:1049)
at oracle.toplink.addin.mappingcreation.MappingCreatorImpl.generateMappedDescriptorsForTables(MappingCreatorImpl.java:231)
at oracle.toplink.addin.mappingcreation.MappingCreatorImpl.generateMappedDescriptorsForTables(MappingCreatorImpl.java:201)
at oracle.toplink.addin.wizard.jobgeneration.JobWizard$1.construct(JobWizard.java:401)
at oracle.ide.util.SwingWorker$1.run(SwingWorker.java:119)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Need urgetn Help

Thanks for your help in advance,
Qamar
Re: New to JDeveloper [message #203010 is a reply to message #192370] Mon, 13 November 2006 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wgr6@hotmail.com

Has there been any resolution to this problem?

While doing the Oracle Application Development Framework Tutorial, I'm getting the exact same error message:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at oracle.ideimpl.log.TabbedLogManager.getMsgPage(TabbedLogManager.java:101)
at oracle.toplink.addin.log.POJOGenerationLoggingAdapter.updateTask(POJOGenerationLoggingAdapter.java:42)
at oracle.toplink.addin.mappingcreation.MappingCreatorImpl.fireTaskUpdated(MappingCreatorImpl.java:1049)
at oracle.toplink.addin.mappingcreation.MappingCreatorImpl.generateMappedDescriptorsForTables(MappingCreatorImpl.java:231)
at oracle.toplink.addin.mappingcreation.MappingCreatorImpl.generateMappedDescriptorsForTables(MappingCreatorImpl.java:201)
at oracle.toplink.addin.wizard.jobgeneration.JobWizard$1.construct(JobWizard.java:401)
at oracle.ide.util.SwingWorker$1.run(SwingWorker.java:119)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Re: New to JDeveloper [message #203013 is a reply to message #203010] Mon, 13 November 2006 09:31 Go to previous message
JRowbottom
There's no point Reporting messages to the Moderators in an attempt to get them answered quicker - it just doesn't work like that.
Previous Topic: master detail columns in a jtable
Next Topic: Ora10g - ORA-31185: DOM Nodes do not belong ...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:22:15 CDT 2024