Home » Other » Marketplace » Need Guidence... Oracle Financials+DBA???
Need Guidence... Oracle Financials+DBA??? [message #173798] Wed, 24 May 2006 08:27 Go to next message
mk527
Hi everyone,
I have done a certification training in oracle financials(Functional) from oracle corp 3 months back. I am still searching for a break in this field. Now some of my friends are suggesting to learn Oracle DBA. I have done my MBA(Finance) and i have 3 years of experience in capital market. I know Oracle 9i SQL and PL/SQL.
Will you advice me to go for some DBA course?? If not what extra skills I should acquire which will help me in my career going forward as a functional consultant??

Regards.
Re: Need Guidence... Oracle Financials+DBA??? [message #173810 is a reply to message #173798] Wed, 24 May 2006 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
A DBA is not a functional consultant, I think. Besides, a single DBA course doesn't make a good DBA.

MHE
Re: Need Guidence... Oracle Financials+DBA??? [message #174107 is a reply to message #173798] Thu, 25 May 2006 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gogula77
Hi,

Apart from financial modules, you can learn technical modules (ie AOL, SA, Alr and if possible WF).

For this you need to know SQL, PLSQL, Forms 6i/9i & Reports 6i/9i.

Eventhough you learn both technical and financial modules, I suggest you to concentrate on any single track (functional or technical). With my personal experience I can say that you cannot or should not try to master on all the modules at a time.
So you take up the other modules, only if you have time and interest. In functional modules also, take 2 or 3 modules and become expert on them.

All the best.

Regards

Gogula

[Updated on: Thu, 25 May 2006 23:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need Guidence... Oracle Financials+DBA??? [message #174457 is a reply to message #173798] Mon, 29 May 2006 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dushyant
Hi

for ur qualification oracle financials functional consultant is the best option but not dba, technical or any other domain consultant.

U should be proficient in the core financial modules like
AP,AR,GL,FA,CM.

U should know how to setup these modules, configure them to the client needs.

A Functional consultant is involved in lot of documentation and client interfacting, so ur communication both oral and written should be top class. As a functional consultant ur product knowledge should be of expert level. It is always better that u are aware of technical modules like SQL, PL/SQL.

All The Best
Re: Need Guidence... Oracle Financials+DBA??? [message #175729 is a reply to message #174457] Mon, 05 June 2006 03:05 Go to previous message
mk527
Thanks dushyant, gogula77 and Maaher,

It was great help for me to have your views on my further move. Now I have decided to stick to functional side and concentrate on some modules.

Now I am planning to take up a dummy project and make the configuration of the same. later I will put it on a document and forward it along with my CV. Can you please help me out in formulating a dummy project... Where can I get some details on a particular thing on which I can build further???

Regards
Previous Topic: Oraspeed for Oracle 2.8
Next Topic: We need 2 instructors (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:22:32 CDT 2024