Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Is this the proper forum...
Is this the proper forum... [message #171846] Thu, 11 May 2006 13:57 Go to next message
smartin
If say I wanted to post some questions and or carry on a discussion with the "regulars". Regulars aren't necessarily moderators or senior members. Sure I could put it in General...but...

The topic would possibly be oracle related, or computer related, but it might not. It might be career advice related, or whim of the moment related.

Basically, is this the "community hangout" forum, or is there one?
Re: Is this the proper forum... [message #171848 is a reply to message #171846] Thu, 11 May 2006 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
We really don't have anything like that here, but it sounds like a good idea. On another forum that I browse, there is a separate discussion group for just such things, where people might ask who else is going to an upcoming Oracle event or announce the birth of a kid or post some vacation pictures or tell a computer joke. The conversation is sort of like what you might hear while gathered around the water cooler at work or having lunch with coworkers or at a nearby bar/pub after work. Perhaps we could call it the "community hangout" as you suggested or the "water cooler" or "open forum" or "lunch break" or "chit chat" or "after hours" or "club OraFAQ" or "miscellaneous" or "plastic squirrels only" or some such thing.
Re: Is this the proper forum... [message #171898 is a reply to message #171848] Fri, 12 May 2006 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Forum created - enjoy!
Re: Is this the proper forum... [message #172248 is a reply to message #171846] Mon, 15 May 2006 12:26 Go to previous message
smartin
Wow, that was quick...
Previous Topic: Sorting
Next Topic: private message spam from member
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:30:36 CDT 2024