Home » Other » Marketplace » how to achieve my aim??
how to achieve my aim?? [message #170401] Wed, 03 May 2006 10:46 Go to next message
Yasir Hashmi
hi all,
I am a final semester student of MCA and interested to become a DBA for which i am pursuing OCP with first paper cleared. But i am afraid there ain't any entry level jobs for a DBA. I confused as to what kind of job i should look forward to achieve my aim .
Secondly ,some people have told me that these days oracle certifications hold not much importance.
Kindly help as my MCA would be over after a couple of months.

Thanks and Regards
yasir hashmi
Re: how to achieve my aim?? [message #170545 is a reply to message #170401] Thu, 04 May 2006 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
you can get into oracle development initially- if you like development..using pl/sql, oracle forms, reports etc. then you can , may be after a year's experience, try to migrate to oracle dba
Re: how to achieve my aim?? [message #170694 is a reply to message #170545] Thu, 04 May 2006 18:12 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Download Oracle 10g R2 XE onto your personal PC (its free). Subscribe to Oracle magazine (its also free). Work through ALL the Application Express (formerly HTML_DB) demos (they're free), AND the monthly examples that come through the Oracle magazine (still free and available online).

David (not free Smile , but not TOO expensive)
Previous Topic: New administrative and development tool for Oracle
Next Topic: Oracle Consultants / Developers - Technical - US MNC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:43:45 CDT 2024