Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Error in CRS Install..Failed to upgrade Oracle Cluster Registry configuration
Error in CRS Install..Failed to upgrade Oracle Cluster Registry configuration [message #163357] Thu, 16 March 2006 06:51 Go to next message
astra.amit

hi,
During the installation of CRS on hp-ux(itanium) i am being asked to run root.sh from the designated directory.
When i run it, it gives the following error and the bash prompt returns.

"Checking to see if Oracle CRS stack is already up...
Setting the permissions on OCR backup directory
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Failed to upgrade Oracle Cluster Registry configuration"

I am installing RAC on two node cluster. On one node for eg 10.3.10.53 i have OAS installed already. I am running my installation from the node 10.3.10.51. Which don't have any oracle product installed.

Please let me know how to proceed furthur.

Thanks And Regards,
Amit
Re: Error in CRS Install..Failed to upgrade Oracle Cluster Registry configuration [message #215209 is a reply to message #163357] Fri, 19 January 2007 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunnypp18
Amit,
I am having same issue and same error. Can you please let me know how did you resolved issue of
"Failed to upgrade Oracle Cluster Registry configuration"

Thanks,

Sunny.
Re: Error in CRS Install..Failed to upgrade Oracle Cluster Registry configuration [message #345789 is a reply to message #215209] Thu, 04 September 2008 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gopi_ambati
Hi,

Did you get any solution for this issue ?
Re: Error in CRS Install..Failed to upgrade Oracle Cluster Registry configuration [message #346023 is a reply to message #345789] Fri, 05 September 2008 11:16 Go to previous message
astra.amit

hi,

The description which i m giving you right now is for the paltform HP-UX 11.23 june 2007 v2. and Oracle RAC 10Gr2 (10.2.0.1.0). Additonally, if this is your test environment.

If this is true for you then only consider the below mentioned text. Otherwise, specify your versions.

This error message comes when you run "root.sh" after crs installation. Basically, when we run root.sh the oracle tries to upgrade the current oCR configuration to the latest 10i format. If you run this script for the first time it should complete successfully. Second time ownwards it may land to this error if your OCR configuratin is corrupted.

Follow the below mentioned guidelines in order to recover from it: -

If you havent removed CRS_HOME from your server then do the following as a root user: -

1> cd $CRS_HOME/install
2> ./rootdelete.sh remote <===On remote machine first. If the said error has come on the primary server then skip this step.

3> ./rootdelete.sh local

4> ./rootdeinstall.sh

5> dd if=/dev/zero of=<OCR_LOCATION> bs=8192
The 4th step does the same, but as a precuationary steps we have introduced the 5th step.

6> cd ..
7> sh root.sh
8> if you still land into the same error.

Run the following command: -

bin/ocrconfig -upgrade <CRS_ORACLE_OWNER> <CRS_DBA_GROUP>

and see the output and revert back to me.

Regards,
Amit

Previous Topic: ASM cold backup
Next Topic: Anyone Installed the Two Node RAC in solaries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:38:59 CDT 2024