Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » XML database
XML database [message #148895] Mon, 28 November 2005 23:22 Go to next message
milind_sri
Hi Gurus,

I dropped the objects of XDB user accidently and now i am in problem. I have tried re-creating the user by first dropping the user through executing Catnoqm.sql and then re-creating by executing catqm.sql and catxdbj.sql. But, while executing i get errors. i am attaching the log file for your reference.

I believe my XML database functionality of the database is lost cause when i compare the problem database with another database in EM console i see lot of object differences and the main problem that is occuring because of this is while importing some tables which have XML data are imported without any errors but the data in those tables is NULL i.e. 0 rows. I think because of non-existance of XML functionality the data is not imported in these tables.

Please, tell me how to re-store the XML database with functionality and XDB schema smoothly without any errors so that my tables have data and all the XML functions work properly.

Please, help on this as this is urgent.

Thanks in Advance.

Milind.
  • Attachment: catqm.txt
    (Size: 34.68KB, Downloaded 2641 times)
Re: XML database [message #158670 is a reply to message #148895] Mon, 13 February 2006 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st8l3ss
Did you ever find the answer to your question? I'm experiencing similar problems with my database under Oracle 10g R2. I'm trying to use a script to create my database but the XML DB functionality appears to be incomplete. After database creation I ran the following.

SQL> xquery 1
2 /
ERROR:
ORA-19114: error during parsing the XQuery expression:
ORA-06550: line 1, column 13:
PLS-00201: identifier 'SYS.DBMS_XQUERYINT' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

My guess is that some XML DB package didn't get compiled but I don't see any errors in xdb_protocol.log which contains the results of the catqm.sql and catxdbj.sql scripts. I'm starting to get desperate and would appreciate any ideas.

Re: XML database [message #158691 is a reply to message #158670] Mon, 13 February 2006 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
milind_sri
Hi,

I was getting the XML related errors for the database. Actually, what i have done is i dropped the objects of XDB user and that is why the functionality was lost.

I tried to execute CATQM.sql but it didnt work.

In order to resolve the problem i copied the XDB.dbf datafile of another database and re-created the tablespace using REUSE clause. This resolved the problem.

What you can do is create a sample database. During this your XDB user will get created automatically with no errors and then you can take the XDB tablespace of the sample database offline.

Then you can copy the XDB.dbf datafile from sample DB to your primary database but take the tablespace offline first.

Then create the tablespace using REUSE clause for the datafile.

This will resolve your problem.

Hope this helps.

Milind.

Re: XML database [message #158873 is a reply to message #158691] Tue, 14 February 2006 17:54 Go to previous message
st8l3ss
good idea! thanks!
Previous Topic: How add a page number by group?
Next Topic: HOW TO INSTALL JDEVELOPER 10g R3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:03:21 CDT 2024