Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » people dont try reading from books
people dont try reading from books [message #148553] Thu, 24 November 2005 23:12 Go to next message
tarundua

hi,

I am really not sure whether i have opened a right topic or not.

@ moderators

Sometimes i found that people are not at all willing to read from the books and straightaway post their question as a new thread.

Here is one such link, where OP read some discussions but i dont think he went through any books or docs.

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/55516/72347/

Am i the only one who feels like this?

regards,
tarun

[Updated on: Thu, 24 November 2005 23:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: people dont try reading from books [message #148561 is a reply to message #148553] Fri, 25 November 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
I totally agree with you.
I believe the reason is that it is too easy to get an answer through a forum.
There is always someone who thinks he is the first one to know the answer. (done that myself too Embarassed).
Best to ignore those questions (like your example is ignored; at this moment it's not been answered -yet-)

Frank
Re: people dont try reading from books [message #148693 is a reply to message #148561] Sat, 26 November 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sudhir.sukumar
Tarun

You have a point.

For some, the OP's question would be childlike, but there are many in-experienced but skilled people out here who are willing to answer them just to keep their minds sharp and alert.

If one reads the books, googles the net and tries to work around on his/er own, then the very purpose of such forums would be void.

As rightly pointed out by Frank, skilled and experienced person can just turn a blind eye to such questions. There would be plenty of passionate and excited people willing to reply.

Sudhir
Re: people dont try reading from books [message #148725 is a reply to message #148693] Sun, 27 November 2005 03:00 Go to previous message
tarundua

You are right Sudhir , even i have answered questions just to keep things in mind. Razz

Anyways, lets keep posting.

Regards,
Tarun
Previous Topic: GREATE Oracle site!
Next Topic: Timed out
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:30:58 CDT 2024