Home » Server Options » Data Guard » DataGuard License
icon8.gif  DataGuard License [message #137567] Thu, 15 September 2005 10:00 Go to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

I am very new to DataGuard and I want to configure a standby database for my client without dataguard. I want to know that if I use the SQL*Net and LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n parameter to transfer the logs (Log transport Service) to remote site and FAL service, so whether I am using dataguard or not. Means I am not going to configure DataGuard broker and DMON process but I am little confused that while using all that I am not going to voilate the license agreement.

Please update me that what all I can do to create to standby database in oracle 9i without using dataguard.

Thanks
Daljit Singh
Re: DataGuard License [message #152447 is a reply to message #137567] Fri, 23 December 2005 04:06 Go to previous message
gscen_dba
Hi,

To use data guard you should have ENTERPRISE edition.
If you want to have a stand by database you should use data guard with or without data guard broker.
You can configure it manually, set paramaters correctly, but i think it's easyer with data guard broker.

Take a look at the doc : http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96653/toc.htm

Regards

Cyrille
Previous Topic: automatic transfering of arch logs.
Next Topic: constraint violation during SQL apply
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:34:20 CDT 2024