Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » regarding forms and reports
icon9.gif  regarding forms and reports [message #137185] Tue, 13 September 2005 11:35 Go to next message
reshmireddy

CAn anyone tell me the answers for these questions

1.Wat are the mandatory parameters to develop forms
2.wat are the mandatory parameters to develop reports.
3.where we erite the code ibn fors using custom.pll
4.How to enable the zoom. The steps required.
5.How to know that custom.pll was written for which form.
6.how the value is assigned to concurrent_request_id.and wat's it's use
7.wat r triggers in reports
8. give me one example of customization of forms and reports.

Re: regarding forms and reports [message #137236 is a reply to message #137185] Wed, 14 September 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
The answer to all your questions regarding the CUSTOM Library can be found in the Oracle Applications Developer's Guide Chapter 28 Using the CUSTOM Library. The Developer's Guide and all the other manuals can be downloaded from OTN (free registration required).

reshmireddy wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 18:35

3.where we erite the code ibn fors using custom.pll

You put your code in CUSTOM.pll which can be found on the $AU_TOP resource directory. If you are unsure what the AU_TOP is, you should take a look at the Oracle Applications Concepts manual.

4.How to enable the zoom. The steps required.

To enable zoom you have to alter the ZOOM_AVAILABLE function in the CUSTOM package in CUSTOM.pll so that it returns true when zoom should be available. Then, you would also have to alter the EVENT procedure in the same package so that it opens the correct function upon the zoom-event.

5.How to know that custom.pll was written for which form.

There is only one CUSTOM.pll. There is no way of telling what part of it pertains to which form except by reading the code.

Coding standards can help though. I recommend that you create separate packages for each form you customize naming them XX<form_name>. The package specification for each of these should read exactly as the package specification of the CUSTOM package. In the functions and procedure of the CUSTOM package you would then call the relevant packaged function or procedure based on the current form. This way you will be able to see what code affects which form.

If you are multiple developers working on form extensions, I would also suggest that you consider putting these packages in separate libraries and attach them to the CUSTOM.pll. If you do this, you can, to a degree, migrate extensions to different forms independently of each other.

8. give me one example of customization of forms and reports.

There are examples on using the CUSTOM Library in the Developer's Guide.

In 11.5.10 and earlier versions of the E-Business Suite with the latest version of the Applications Technology Stack installed there is a new way of doing form extensions called forms personalization. There is an excellent white paper on it available on Metalink. The extensions are done using point and click and changes are migrated using FNDLOAD. Not all extensions are possible to do using personalisations, but I recommend that prefer them to the CUSTOM Library whenever you can.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: regarding forms and reports [message #137600 is a reply to message #137236] Thu, 15 September 2005 11:34 Go to previous message
reshmireddy
Thanks alot sir.
Previous Topic: HRMS Functional
Next Topic: avoid the devils Human base India ,koramangla,Banglore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:33:35 CDT 2024