Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » 'How to get the status of the email when I send E-Mail from PL/SQL'
icon5.gif  'How to get the status of the email when I send E-Mail from PL/SQL' [message #137181] Tue, 13 September 2005 11:02 Go to next message
dmarie
'How to get the status of the email when I send E-Mail from PL/SQL'

I’m sending email with attachment using a PL/SQL package SendMailJPkg a Java class named SendMail as follow:

SendMailJPkg.SendMail(
SMTPServerName => 'localhost',
Sender => 'email address',
Recipient => 'email address',
CcRecipient => '',
BccRecipient => '',
Subject => 'subject',
Body => 'body' ,
ErrorMessage => :ErrorMessage,
Attachments => SendMailJPkg.ATTACHMENTS_LIST('C:\file name')
);
END;

Everything is working fine, I’m able to send the email with the attachment, the only problem that I have is that I need to get the result of the email that I sent. I need to know if the email went thru or failed for some reason.

Please, do you know how to get this answer?
Re: 'How to get the status of the email when I send E-Mail from PL/SQL' [message #137183 is a reply to message #137181] Tue, 13 September 2005 11:13 Go to previous message
Art Metzer
You may be interested in this link, as well as this one, which says:
Quote from Thomas Kyte:

Return reciepts -- that you'll have to dig out the specs for the CLIENT SOFTWARE you use. The client does that. You'll NEVER get a return reciept from me, I disable that right away. The "protocol" for doing that is 100% dependent on the client and how it decided to implement that (if at all)
Previous Topic: Import java classes menu cause error
Next Topic: oracle/jdev
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:25:04 CDT 2024