Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » access Oracle database using javascript
access Oracle database using javascript [message #135711] Fri, 02 September 2005 02:24 Go to next message
vikas_agarw

Any help on this, How to access Oracle database using the Java script.
Re: access Oracle database using javascript [message #135764 is a reply to message #135711] Fri, 02 September 2005 08:05 Go to previous message
kmmfoo
This reminds me of the old joke:

Q) How do you get down from an elephant?

A) You don't get down from an elephant,
you get down from a duck.

I realize that doesn't help the person on top of the elephant, but seriously, I would like to suggest that you should probably enter a new question, which explains in more detail what you want to do.

For example, most commonly people use javascript as the client-side scripting language inside web pages. Are you saying that you want to access the results of database queries from web pages? If so, the conventional approach is to use server-side technologies (such as JSP or servlets) rather than from javascript. On the other hand, perhaps you're already using a server-side technology to retrieve data from Oracle, and you just want some pointers on how to interact with client-side scripts, and pass that data back and forth. In general there are many ways to approach this type of problem, but without knowing more about what you want to do, and how you're trying to do it, it would be difficult for people to help you.

You might also consider entering your question in some other forum besides this "JDeveloper, Java and XML" forum. That is, "javascript" is typically used as the client-side portion of web development that uses things like JSP and J2EE and servlets on the server side, so perhaps you could find another forum that's more in line with that technology.

Hope this helps.

Previous Topic: oracle insert statement
Next Topic: GML output from 10g spatial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:16:14 CDT 2024