Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » LOADJAVA
LOADJAVA [message #130460] Sun, 31 July 2005 00:00 Go to next message
kentvickery
I am just starting to get into loading java into my database so I can call it from PL/SQL. My question is, can a function/procedure in a java class that has been loaded into my database with LOADJAVA make calls to an external .JAR, or do I have to have everything loaded into the database.

Right now I am able to compile a class file that references a .JAR library, but when I try to load the class into the database using LOADJAVA I get an error saying the referenced name (the JAR package name) cannot be found. The JAR is a custom package that in turn references things like LOG4J.

I don't want to have to load JAR files into the database if I don't have to. I am running Oracle 9i. I've tried setting my CLASSPATH to point to where the JAR is, but no luck. Am I missing something.

loadjava -user user/pwd -oci8 -resolve Tester.class

Thanks
icon4.gif  Re: LOADJAVA [message #131620 is a reply to message #130460] Mon, 08 August 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kentvickery
bump
Re: LOADJAVA [message #132076 is a reply to message #131620] Wed, 10 August 2005 13:49 Go to previous message
Maaher
I don't think calls to an external JAR are possible.

MHE
Previous Topic: Oracle XMLparser- access Non-oracle generated xml files
Next Topic: Test Oracle JMS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:10:23 CDT 2024