Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » XML Publisher - Trbl with Repeat Fields / Code in Short Descr.
icon9.gif  XML Publisher - Trbl with Repeat Fields / Code in Short Descr. [message #130030] Wed, 27 July 2005 15:45
redhawkragnar
Hello-
I'm using XML Publisher with a PDF template. The template with regular XML variables pulled in works great. However, I'm having trouble with the repeating field area of the template and anything else that uses the 'Short Description/Tooltip' Field even the page number. I'm following the directions from the user guide, especially the excerpt listed below. Even with just the body start and end, the PDF won't upload or if it uploads won't open. What could I be doing incorrectly?
Thanks so much,
Taylor

excerpt of user guide section I'm in...
In the Short Description field of the Field Properties window, enter the following
syntax:
<?rep_field="BODY_START"?>
5. Define the end of the group area by inserting a form field at the end of the area the
that is to contain the group.
6. In the Name field of the Field Properties window, enter any name you choose. This
field is not mapped.
7. Select Text from the Type drop down list.
8. In the Short Description field of the Field Properties window, enter the following
syntax:
<?rep_field="BODY_END"?>
Previous Topic: Select Data from XMLTYPE (9.2.0.1)
Next Topic: theuser.getSession(false) vs getSession(true)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:28:54 CDT 2024