Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » interfacing XML data into oracle (Using PL/SQL)  () 1 Vote
interfacing XML data into oracle (Using PL/SQL) [message #125720] Tue, 28 June 2005 20:20 Go to next message
sapnaoracle
hi,
I was assigned interfacing XML data into oracle .I can use pl sql but not Java for this particular task.
Can anyone one of you tell me where I can find the right documentation for this or atleast an overview for the procedure?
Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Waiting for any response.
Thank you,
Sapna.
Re: interfacing XML data into oracle (Using PL/SQL) [message #125742 is a reply to message #125720] Wed, 29 June 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CW2005
Hi Sapna

There are a set of different packages for using XML with oracle depending on what you want to do.

The XMLGEN package can be used for simple XML document generation. The data can be fetched from a single SQL statement.

XSU (XML SQL Utility)with the two packages DBMS_XMLQUERY and DBMS_XMLSAVE supports XML generation and storage through XML. Additional functionality allows the developer to bind variables, to paginate the result set, or to apply stylesheets directly.

The most sophisticated approach is the XMLDOM package. Here you have the full flexibility provided by the DOM interface. Every given DTD or XML schema definition can be implemented using complex elements, attributes and more.

Please follow the link below for a brief overview of each of these packages. You might also want to consult the Oracle XML Reference Guide or the Oracle Application Developer's Guide - XML.

http://www.akadia.com/services/ora_gen_xml.html

Hope this helps!

CW.

Re: interfacing XML data into oracle (Using PL/SQL) [message #126006 is a reply to message #125720] Thu, 30 June 2005 08:34 Go to previous message
sapnaoracle
hi,
Sorry for the delay and Thanks a lot for the reply.The link was really helpful for a newbie like me.But my actual assignment has inbound interface (getting xml into AP tables)also.So can u help me with that.
Have you done xml interfaces?Anyway expecting a reply.
Thanks in advance.
Sapna.
Previous Topic: NullPointerException raised by method nativeSQL
Next Topic: Oracle JDBC Returning Junk for CHAR and correct for numeric
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:44:47 CDT 2024