Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » How do I connect the JDM API to Oracle?
How do I connect the JDM API to Oracle? [message #124381] Fri, 17 June 2005 16:57
john.riesenberg
I want to use the Java Community Process (JCP) release of the Java Data Mining (JDM) API. I have downloaded the JDM.jar and included in my build/class path. The documentation I have says there are 2 ways to make a Data Mining engine (DME)connection. Either use a vendor specific connection factory to simply make the connection or use the JNDI to get the connection factory in a vendor neutral approach. I am trying to connect to an Oracle database. I have not purchased Oracle's version of the JDM called ODM.

I would prefer to use the oracle connection factory if it is available to me or to build my own connection factory if I had an example of how to do it.

I have many examples for making the DME connection using the JNDI approach but have no examples of how to create a JNDI entry for creating the JDM connection factory to make the DME connection.

Can someone shed some light? Could someone share an example with me?
Previous Topic: j2me database connection
Next Topic: Can someone help me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:28:24 CDT 2024