Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » wrong number of arguments
wrong number of arguments [message #122609] Tue, 07 June 2005 10:43 Go to next message
asifapps
Hi all,
I am executing a procedure which has ERRBUF,RETCODE and p_xxxx and t_xx as parameters. P_xxxx is a number type, t_xx is a default parameter with value 1000.

My problem is, when i execute at sql promt by using
Exec Procedute_name ,it is giving worng number or type of argumetns error.

can anybody suggest me any ideas please,
thanks
Re: wrong number of arguments [message #122621 is a reply to message #122609] Tue, 07 June 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
Not enough information to answer

Let me rephrase. There are a couple of potential problems but it is difficult to pinpoint with the level of detail provided.

You have 4 parameters. I doubt ERRBUFF is the problem. That leaves the other 3. Check the assignment statements within your procedure as well as the passing of these parameters (anything passed with P_xxxx should not be in quotes) What datatype is t_xx? Number or Varchar2?

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2005 11:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: wrong number of arguments [message #122627 is a reply to message #122609] Tue, 07 June 2005 12:12 Go to previous message
Art Metzer
So you tried something like this, then?
DECLARE
    l_errbuf      VARCHAR2(241);
    l_retcode     NUMBER;
BEGIN
    procedure_name (
        errbuf      => l_errbuf
    ,   retcode     => l_retcode
    ,   p_xxxx      => -1
    ,   t_xx        => 1000
    );
END;
/
You have to provide placeholders for your procedure's output parameters.

Also, I wasn't sure what value to put in for p_xxxx, you'll want to be sure to change its value to suit your needs.
Previous Topic: excuase me
Next Topic: Status "Release To Warehouse" in Wsh_delivery_details
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:34:34 CDT 2024