Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle Lite 10g installation
icon9.gif  Oracle Lite 10g installation [message #121169] Thu, 26 May 2005 11:03 Go to next message
ayadk
Hi,

I'm trying to install Oracle Lite 10g as a standalone server. I get as far as Mobile Server Repository Wizard. It asks me to enter the password for SYSTEM user. I'm not sure what system user's password to enter since this is all new and its suppose to be standalone.

Either way i enter a junk password and hit next. Now I get this error:

Io Exception: Invalid number format for port number

I had entered a port number (8124) to be used for the Olite server. Any idea how to fix this problem?

What is the number format for ports??? Mad

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks
Re: Oracle Lite 10g installation [message #121209 is a reply to message #121169] Thu, 26 May 2005 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ender
The password you are being asked for is going to be the SYSTEM password for your new installation. You are simply supposed to choose it at this point. I very much doubt that whatever you type as your password can interfere with your installation.

I'm afraid I cannot help you with your other problem though. A very dumb (but somewhat useful) idea that comes to mind is to perform the installation without modifying the default port number. If you do not absolutely need the Olite server to use port 8124 this might actually do the trick for you. Very Happy But keep in mind that this is not a solution... just a stupid workaround your problem. Sad

The best of luck.
icon14.gif  Re: Oracle Lite 10g installation [message #121333 is a reply to message #121169] Fri, 27 May 2005 12:00 Go to previous message
ayadk
Thanks for the reply.

I actually did a complete reinstall and used port 8000 instead of 8124. It may not have been that at all, but now its working! Smile

Oracle Lite may actually be overdoing it for my project. Is it possible to have just Oracle Lite DB (the database on client side) and nothing else? I would like to manage everything else.
Previous Topic: Can't launch Net configuration assistant(Oracle9i) on win2003 server (64 bit)
Next Topic: Error of TNS protocol Adapter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:08:30 CDT 2024