Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » Oracle for OS/390 with OSDI Training
Oracle for OS/390 with OSDI Training [message #113625] Fri, 02 February 2001 06:19
Ken Panza
Schedules for Oracle for OS/390 with OSDI training have been announced by IBM Learning Services. A two class sequence will be taught in three cities, and the first class
will begin next week in Orlando. Customers and Oracle personnel interested in attending the class in Orlando should register immediately.

Feb. 7 - Orlando, FL
April 25 - New York
June 20 - San Francisco

The class descriptions from the IBM Learning Services website are:

Installing Oracle for OS/390 [[ES780]]
A 2-day guided, hands-on, installation of the Oracle8i Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) on OS/390? Use the Oracle for OS/390 technical documentation to perform the installation in an OS/390 system. Install SQL*Net, Oracle's communications protocol, on OS/390 and ensure Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) is correctly configured for the Oracle database. Run Oracle utilities, such as Import/Export and SQL*Loader, from the Time Sharing Option (TSO) command line and from batch environment. Create Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM) files for use by the Oracle database. Create a functional Oracle database and develop skills to exercise Oracle utilities in the OS/390 environment. Hands-on lab projects may be done in lab teams depending on the class size and location. This course addresses Oracle8i R3 Version 8.1.7 with Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI) on OS/390.

Tuning Oracle for OS/390 [[ES790]]
A 2-day class to understand how to tune an Oracle8i Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) in an OS/390 environment? Learn the methods you can use to tune an Oracle RDBMS and the OS/390 applications that run on it. Hands-on lab projects may be done in teams depending on the number of attendees and location. This course addresses Oracle8i R3 Version 8.1.7 with Operating System Dependent Interface (OSDI) on OS/390.

These classes have been updated to reflect Oracle's latest OSDI technology. A new Redbook describing the OSDI installation process has been released by IBM, and will be used in the class.

Registration is available through the IBM Learning Services website (click on the class code), or by calling 1-800-IBM-TEACH
Previous Topic: AM4CICS stub
Next Topic: Conversion FORMS to VB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:31:02 CDT 2024