Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection : Installation error
Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection : Installation error [message #112885] Tue, 29 March 2005 15:57 Go to next message
shavas
Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection.

That error occours when i am trying to installt he mobile server repoitory. It is the last step in the installation and i cant get it to work. I have read up on the error and it seems to be a java thing. I am installing this on a win2k3 server via remote desktop connection. The hostname does resolve on the machine and the install .ora file seems to have the correct connecction line.

Any help is apreciated.
Re: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection : Installation error [message #113235 is a reply to message #112885] Thu, 31 March 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shavas
so has anytone had this error. I have just about given up on Oracle as a DB. No one i know who has tried installing it has had a pleasent exepriance. IT is just one error after another. Talk about flaky. Give me DB2 any day..... Anyways that is beside the point. What is this netowork error? Is it worth trying to install the lite version of oracle or should i just get the full 600meg free trial version?

Another question in the docs it says you need some compiler for windows. Does that mean i need to get the cobol compiler or one oft he visual studio compiliers to actually install it?
Re: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection : Installation error [message #113293 is a reply to message #113235] Fri, 01 April 2005 02:11 Go to previous message
Maaher
I think your remote installation is causing this exception. There are a lot of different possible causes though, so I suggest you search MetaLink for information that might help you out or open an iTAR.

MHE
Previous Topic: After 2 days I'm fed up and need help thank you !
Next Topic: Rename server name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:27:51 CDT 2024