Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Server response degrades
Server response degrades [message #112366] Thu, 24 March 2005 12:42 Go to next message
milind_sri
Hi friends,

I have this critical problem. We have a server which is Oracle 9.2.0.5 and OS is Windows 2003.

Developers in our company often complain that server is not responding, it is slow. Then I have to bounce the DB. It works fine for another 2-3 hrs and again the same problem.

There are on an average 15-20 concurrent sessions on the server.

My question is what can be the loopholes to look for which is causing this problem. I dont know what to diagnose exactly.

Previousely the server was fine but recently we had refreshed it with new dump files which we received from our head office and after that this problem is occuring.

Pls. help me on this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Milind.

Re: Server response degrades [message #112380 is a reply to message #112366] Thu, 24 March 2005 14:21 Go to previous message
smartin
Did the new dump files contain just additional data for existing structures, or did it contain new programs and tables?

Can you go back to a backup of before the new dump and confirm that the problem didn't exist then?

Are you running out of memory on the server and swapping like mad by requesting more and more with each connection and then never closing cursors or logging people out?

You can also run statspack snapshots of 10 minutes in duration each every 30 minutes from the time you start the db up to the time you reboot it due to the slowdown. Do repeated, relatively short term snapshot intervals (my numbers are just starting point guesses).

These all would be general things to start with given any unknown performance issue.
Previous Topic: big oracle problem please help
Next Topic: Tuning a query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:43:41 CDT 2024