Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Suggestion : Top Ratings FAQ's
Suggestion : Top Ratings FAQ's [message #111939] Tue, 22 March 2005 00:00 Go to next message
sridcpp
If the board can come up with Top rating for FAQ's

Weekly Top Rating..

Monthly Top Rating..

TOP TEN Ratings

where who ever putting up their questions or answers, will come up with more professional way to get noticed in the top ten faq's...

where the board will also grow to more quality, professional and productive way....

Regards
Sreedhar Reddy
Re: Suggestion : Top Ratings FAQ's [message #111985 is a reply to message #111939] Tue, 22 March 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

We already provide a list of "Most Popular" and "Newest" FAQ's at http://www.orafaq.com/faq/

Although the FAQ section is extremely popular, we don't get enough new faq proposals per week or month to warrant a top-10 list per week or month. However, when we do, this can easily be added.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Suggestion : Top Ratings FAQ's [message #112108 is a reply to message #111985] Wed, 23 March 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
I think the OP means a forum member/subject top rating in the message board.

Not a good idea IMO. At www.DBA-Village.com there's a rating system and some people see this as the main reason to post.

It pops up from time to time in discussions.

Here are some excerpts:
dba-village

The point system is a good thing, I appreciate when someone rates my answer, on the other hand , it can never be perfect...

dba-village

Some people take the pirats scoring too seriously. Has anyone noticed how some people no longer take part in this web site since the "false" scoring was removed and they fell from the leaderboard.

The opportunity to mark a question as "this person was too lazy to search" or "this person was too lazy to read the documentation" would be good though. Smile

Personally, I really don't see the use of a competitive edge to the board. People who regularly visit the board recognize most of the names anyway ( and hopefully they participate themselves).

MHE
Re: Suggestion : Top Ratings FAQ's [message #112167 is a reply to message #111939] Wed, 23 March 2005 07:32 Go to previous message
Frank
I agree with Maarten. All too often you see people add replies restating something already stated in a previous reply. Looks like they're only pumping upi their message count.
Quote:

The opportunity to mark a question as "this person was too lazy to search" or "this person was too lazy to read the documentation" would be good though.

sounds great though Wink

Just my 2 cts.
Previous Topic: Announcement: Search Plug-in for Firefox and Mozilla users
Next Topic: Moderators
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:08:17 CDT 2024