Home » Infrastructure » Linux » RHEL AS 3.0 Cluster Manger and Oracle 9i
RHEL AS 3.0 Cluster Manger and Oracle 9i [message #111711] Fri, 18 March 2005 13:44
DBAgurrl
We're going to use cluster manager (we just want failover, and not load balancing) AND we want an active-passive environment to save $$ on oracle licensing on the 2nd node.

So... we are preparing a production Oracle Enterprise Edition 9.2.0.4 database for deployment on Red Hat Enterprise Linus AS 3.0 in an active-passive cluster using Cluster Manager. The environment will consist of two nodes (one with 4 Xeons @ 2.7GHz and 4Gig RAM the other with 2 Xeons @ 2.4GHz and 4 Gig RAM) attached to an EMC SAN comprised of RAID 1 4x36G drives for the online and archived logs, control file, UNDO and TEMP, and RAID 5 5x146G drives for the datafiles.

Are there any outstanding issues (bugs) related to such a configuration? In your experience, have you come across any incompatibilities? Is the installation straightforward, or are they're any "patches" we should know about? Are they any rich documents or white papers which you may recommend that'll educate us on building such an environment?

FYI -- i am definitely RTFM on all fronts, and i've posted a TAR with metalink. i'm just wondering you know if there's any "gems" out there.

thanks again!

kris
Previous Topic: emctl - Starting a second instance for a new database
Next Topic: email extract script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:44:44 CDT 2024