Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Data Guard and 10g
Data Guard and 10g [message #110561] Tue, 08 March 2005 12:51 Go to next message
jewalsh2k
Hi,

I just installed the Enterprise version of 10g database. I'm trying to setup Data Guard for HA testing. However, I don't see it in the Enterprise Manager that got installed with 10g. Do I need to install the Grid version of Enterprise Manager to get access to the GUI for managing Data Guard?

Thanks

John Walsh
Re: Data Guard and 10g [message #118270 is a reply to message #110561] Wed, 04 May 2005 01:31 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
From chapter 1 of the Oracle Data Guard Concepts and Administration Guide:

"Oracle Enterprise Manager ("Enterprise Manager") provides a Web-based interface for viewing, monitoring, and administering primary and standby databases in a Data Guard configuration. Enterprise Manager's easy-to-use interfaces combined with the broker's centralized management and monitoring of the Data Guard configuration enhance the Data Guard solution for high availability, site protection, and data protection of an enterprise. Figure 1-4 shows the Data Guard management overview page in Enterprise Manager."

The manual does not explicitly say Grid Control, but that screen shot looks very much like a grid control page.

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: Does Data Guard work across different patchsets?
Next Topic: data guard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:37:35 CDT 2024