Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Vendor nuetral JDBC with support for oracle 8, suggestions?
Vendor nuetral JDBC with support for oracle 8, suggestions? [message #109801] Tue, 01 March 2005 00:43
jowizzle
Hi all,

I need to create a fairly universal ejb to access data from Oracle 8i and SQL Server 2000. The stored procedures in both systems implement the functionality, but I'm running into difficulties making the stored procedure calls. Each oracle procedure has an OUT parameter of type REF CURSOR.

Clearly, creating CallableStatements and setting out parameters with OracleTypes.* works, but I'd rather use the intrinsic java.sql.Types.* instead.

Reading the javadocs led me to believe that I could set the param to Types.OTHER, then cast it back, ala ResultSet rs = (ResultSet)stmt.GetObject(i), but I always wind up with various errors about incompatible types. I've tried similar things with Types.REF, but I have a feeling that's altogether the wrong use...

I'm sure many of you have experience doing this kind of thing. Any advice? Also, I'm looking for a good book on java development in heterogenous data environments. Any recommendations?

Thanks very much...

-Joe

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2005 00:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: running java-program as UDF
Next Topic: using defined db connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:49:29 CDT 2024