Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » running java-program as UDF
running java-program as UDF [message #109616] Sun, 27 February 2005 05:24 Go to next message
pplatsch@minet.uni-jena.d
I created a program in Java that inserts some data into an oracle table. I've tested it and it is working fine.

Then I have loaded this program into an Oracle database, registered it and tried to run it as user defined function - it hangs up! Nothing happens no further commands are possible.
In a second connection to Oracle I have reading access to the table used in the UDF, but no writing access.

I have tested the same Java-program as UDF in oracle but without insert-statement. It is working fine.

My question: Is it possible to insert data into a table by a Oracle-UDF? Or do have to use the program as stored procedure in Oracle to be able to insert data into a table?
Re: running java-program as UDF [message #109617 is a reply to message #109616] Sun, 27 February 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Yes, it is possible. Ask your DBA to check why your session is hanging. It might be waiting for a database lock or latch.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: running java-program as UDF [message #109618 is a reply to message #109617] Sun, 27 February 2005 05:34 Go to previous message
pplatsch@minet.uni-jena.d
Thank you. I will try it.

Best regards
Previous Topic: jdbc-thin client thread problem
Next Topic: Vendor nuetral JDBC with support for oracle 8, suggestions?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:43:48 CDT 2024